*

Friday, March 30, 2012

Paris Fashion Week AW 2012...Susie


Ms Susie Lau, after the Louis Vuitton fashion train had pulled into the station, Paris, March 2012.

Rather oddly, after I decided to post these photos, I picked up the March copy of Nylon magazine (love Nylon!) and on page 138 there is a Factory Girl article by Dani Stahl about (insert excellent drum roll here) white anoraks! Dani travels to the Bebe studio in Century City and gets her very own white anorak made up by the production team. She says (page 138) "It's an excellent item, versatile, easy to pack - everyone should have an anorak. I like them so much I even love saying the word: "Anorak!" It rhymes with DJ Afrojack, which is never a bad thing (I'm really feeling house music these days)".

Hell yeah! I have no idea who DJ Afrojack is (clearly I live in a house music/dj black hole) but I am going to go right ahead and agree with everything Dani says! She ends with "The jacket is functional, but as you know, I'm more interested in the "fun" part than the, um, "-ctional" part. Like I said, fashion should be fun. And, right now, it should also be white and shaped like an anorak. Which, the way I see it, makes me right on trend" (page 140).
Recreate Susie's (and Dani's look) kind of:

Mason by Michelle Mason anorak



ASOS festival anorak (perfect for anyone heading to Coachella - you lucky things!It probably won't be rainy or cold, unlike festival season in the UK, but good to pack just in case)

Mulberry Alexa snake-y/scale-y bag (love this)